Site security

• 36 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:06 PM GMT
    And you left your boots at our house, by the way.
    Have I to give them to the Salvation Army?
    :P
  • February 12, 2016 8:44 PM GMT
    i'll bring my glue gun next time and fix them
    • 36 posts
    February 12, 2016 8:55 PM GMT
    From looking at them, it appears you already did, once.....and in quite a slip-shod manner, apparently.
    Now get back on topic, for gods sake, before we all end up in a pound shop reject bin for Jamie Lee Curtis lookalikes.
    This is a serious matter, you know.
  • February 12, 2016 8:58 PM GMT
    oh no not the Tena Lady pants, anything but that!!!!!
    This post was edited by Marissa Malevolent at February 12, 2016 9:00 PM GMT
    • 36 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:00 PM GMT
    Anyone fancy a pint?

This post was edited by Jamie Wallace at February 12, 2016 9:03 PM GMT
    • 201 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:18 PM GMT
    jamie bless your obsessed cotton socks x
    This post was edited by Mia Wallace at February 12, 2016 9:22 PM GMT
    • 36 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:24 PM GMT
    Is that a pale, or dark ale?
  • February 12, 2016 9:25 PM GMT
    oooh narcissist much? someone needs to get over themselves
    • 36 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:33 PM GMT
    Wait...I'm confused.....I can't work out whether it's 1994 or not....
  • February 12, 2016 9:34 PM GMT
    can you move your task bar to the side of the screen? lol
    • 36 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:37 PM GMT
    It's awesome! What a revelation - my life will never be the same again.
    In fact, I'm so happy, if I saw Bill Gates, I'd wander up to him, present him with a bouquet of flowers, and then punch him in the face.
    Praise the Lord!
    • 201 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:38 PM GMT
    owned
  • February 12, 2016 9:40 PM GMT
    Quiet in the cheap seats! Grown up's are talking
    This post was edited by Marissa Malevolent at February 12, 2016 9:41 PM GMT
    • 36 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:41 PM GMT
    Actually, I was just extolling the virtues of being able to put the taskbar at the *side* of the screen....honestly, it's.....just......life changing.
    This post was edited by Jamie Wallace at February 12, 2016 9:43 PM GMT
    • 866 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:42 PM GMT
    Jamie and Marissa,

For two people who were supposedly concerned about site security you have both shown that you are more concerned about your own egos. Your childish banter above on a Technical Forum about serious issues illustrates 100 percent that neither of you , nor your comments, can be treated seriously.

There is a place for low level banter- it is NOT on this forum. Any more puerile remarks here from either of you and you will get a Time Out of 7 days.

Unlike you two "jokers" I treat the threat of being hacked seriously, as do Mal and Tina and other members and the site owners.

To be honest you are a couple of twats

Pauline
    This post was edited by Pauline Smith at February 12, 2016 9:44 PM GMT
    • 36 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:46 PM GMT
    I guess that makes us Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield?

This post was edited by Jamie Wallace at February 12, 2016 9:50 PM GMT
  • February 12, 2016 9:48 PM GMT
    no need for such language pauline especially from someone who is allegedly in a position of responsibility. I have made a screen shot and will be making a formal complaint about you unprofessional approach.
    with regards to the forum, i made my points, valid ones at that, and had no real constructive reply. Besides a forum is supposed to be a place for open discussion on all sides of the argument.
    This post was edited by Marissa Malevolent at February 12, 2016 9:48 PM GMT
    • 866 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:50 PM GMT
    Marissa,

Your banter is not professional - complain away you have a Time Out

Pauline
    • 866 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:51 PM GMT
    Same for you Jamie - a Time Out

pauline
  • February 12, 2016 10:01 PM GMT
    oh stop the world, i can't BEAR the loss
    • 30 posts
    February 12, 2016 10:04 PM GMT
    Mia Wallace said: ''WTF is a hacker going to want with a picture of some fella, lying about how old he is, dressed in age inappropriate clothing who isnt even showing his face?''
    -------------
    I'm sorry to have to say this Mia, but i find comments like this in this topic aimed at members in general a little bit offensive or insensitive at the very least. You practically show a contempt for a lot of the members in your descriptions, which makes no sense i know, seeing as you cd yourself, but nonetheless this is definitely how it comes across to me, though i can't speak for others.

I don't know what the relationship is with you and the people who run the site as i know you have been a member for quite a while and come on a lot, but i would ask they take a look at what you have said in this topic, and reprimand you if they consider my concerns valid, but i do find some of your comments quite patronising.
    This post was edited by Emily B at February 12, 2016 10:09 PM GMT
    • 866 posts
    February 12, 2016 10:19 PM GMT
    Hi Emily,

If you have a complaint to make about Mia's attitude then please raise an abuse report. Perhaps at the same time you could raise one about Jamie and Marissa for hijacking a serious issue her - site security.
    This issue was originally raised by Mal and Tina and the owners of the site and I are investigating the site security. Whataboutery comments about other members are not really helpful.

If you have an abuse complaint about Mia Wallace's behaviour then please raise it and it will be handled.

Pauline Smith (site moderating team)
    • 30 posts
    February 12, 2016 10:27 PM GMT
    Pauline Smith said: ''Hi Emily,

If you have a complaint to make about Mia's attitude then please raise an abuse report. Perhaps at the same time you could raise one about Jamie and Marissa for hijacking a serious issue her - site security.
    This issue was originally raised by Mal and Tina and the owners of the site and I are investigating the site security. Whataboutery comments about other members are not really helpful.

If you have an abuse complaint about Mia Wallace's behaviour then please raise it and it will be handled.

Pauline Smith (site moderating team) ''
    -------------
    I don't really have anything to say about the security and was only reading it to see what it was about, so don't want to get caught up in that, partially because i don't understand a lot of what was said lol, so wouldn't want to comment with that in mind, but that doesn't mean i don't have a valid concern about other things that were said the thread.

I didn't want to go down the official route, as i was hoping it could be looked at informally, but if that's the only way i can address my concern, then that is what i will do, thank you.
    • 866 posts
    February 12, 2016 10:30 PM GMT
    Thank you Emily; there is no other way. We cannot handle something informally

Pauline
    • 30 posts
    February 12, 2016 10:31 PM GMT
    Okay, fair enough x