Site security

• 197 posts
    February 11, 2016 6:17 PM GMT
    Yes, thanks Pauline, it is all appreciated! xxx
    • 866 posts
    February 11, 2016 6:18 PM GMT
    Hi Rachel,

Yes it is - one of the reasons that I am not on FB, even though I use google, microsoft and apple who all spy on us; I may just go on FB as Pauline as they seem to have reversed their anti trans agenda; plus several of my friends say I should go there.

I really don't have the issues that many girls have about privacy for Pauline as my family knows about her and me being a moderator here; though I would never use my real family name on FB the same as I don't here. I go out most days as Pauline - as an example I had coffee and brunch with Beckie yesterday and went both ways on the tram into Manchester and we went shopping as well. Yes that is a dream for many girls here, but those are my choices, and that is the life I lead.

Glad you got a deal with sheilas wheels.

Pauline xxx
    • 866 posts
    February 11, 2016 6:21 PM GMT
    Mal

You are welcome. And I do think with the changes that Katie will be making to things like photo uploads, albums etc then the site will become easier to use.

Pauline xx
    • 29 posts
    February 11, 2016 7:16 PM GMT
    thanks pauline i didnt want say anymore as i have been slated about this subject but all im saying is that there maybe a concern on this subject you maybe missed what i was trying to say about this the problem is not the company as such but views the data thats been collected im sure they are not all good guys that view it thats all im saying and yes it does take time to sort things out and resolve the issues that are ongoing im sure everyones doing there level best and i do know how the authorities gather info and how they do it especially in one field of intel gathering but im a bit hacked that i have been slated by peeps well you take your time and get it all sorted im not going to say anymore on the subject because of this thanks tina
    • 36 posts
    February 11, 2016 7:39 PM GMT
    Tina, you shouldn't feel compelled to withhold your concerns and knowledge in this matter, for any reason, especially not due to feeling intimidated.
    You're simply mirroring the thoughts and concerns of a great many members of the community, and having the courage to speak up about it. Ignore those who are trying to bully/intimidate you, and take comfort in the fact that your efforts are greatly appreciated..
    This post was edited by Jamie Wallace at February 11, 2016 7:55 PM GMT
    • 201 posts
    February 11, 2016 7:46 PM GMT
    here he goes again
    • 201 posts
    February 11, 2016 7:55 PM GMT
    and this is from a fella who wouldnt leave it on another thread when Pauline told him he was facing a timeout, so created a new blank profile to hurl abuse at me, then started sending me private chat messages with badly photoshopped pictures he'd done of me. now just because you've swallowed a thesaurus and spewed it up all over the site it doesnt make your behaviour any less strange.

Jaimie you need to take a look at your obsessive behaviour toward me as i find it quite worrying.
    This post was edited by Mia Wallace at February 11, 2016 7:59 PM GMT
    • 36 posts
    February 11, 2016 7:59 PM GMT
    While it's not something that particularly bothers me (I'm completely open about myself both online and publicly), the place seems to have been awash with folk voicing these concerns. So it's good to know that people are bring it to the attention of those who can actively do something about it (and even better to know that those matters are being resolved).
    Just a thought - perhaps a private message sent out to all members explaining the situation might be a good idea?
    • 866 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:12 PM GMT
    Actually Jamie you have been given 2 warnings for your behaviour on this site - in 2014 and 2015, so I suspect your motives in joining this discussion are far from innocent.

And your accusations of me bullying Tina - for me doing my job - are really not appreciated.

Please stop shit stirring otherwise you will get a Time Out; your trolling on this forum is not helping anyone least of all Tina.

It has been made perfectly clear that the site's techical people will be dealing with this issue next week.

Stop trolling

Pauline xx
    • 36 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:16 PM GMT
    Actually Pauline, I have a number of tech friends here who can contribute to this, along with a number of friends who've actually voiced similar concerns to me. I've directed them to this thread.
    No trolling, no nefarious intentions.
    This post was edited by Jamie Wallace at February 11, 2016 8:18 PM GMT
    • 866 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:25 PM GMT
    I think we will leave it to the technical people here who actually run this site rather than your friends. This is a very serious issue which we are treating seriously and I seriously doubt your intentions based on your previous history

pauline xx
    • 36 posts
    February 11, 2016 9:05 PM GMT
    I completely respect your position.
    My comments were genuine, however (these are industry professionals, that I have dealings with often in my business), who are glad to be of assistance, if required, one of whom has already contributed to this thread.
    Like I said, absolutely no nefarious intentions, irrespective of anything in the past xxx
    We all love the site, and wish to see it go from strength to strength.
    This post was edited by Jamie Wallace at February 11, 2016 9:06 PM GMT
  • February 11, 2016 9:52 PM GMT
    AAAAAAAAARGH!!! We're all being spied on!!!!!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS
    • 36 posts
    February 11, 2016 10:58 PM GMT
    LMAO! xD

Meh. That contributes absolutely nothing to the topic, Marissa.
    (funny, though....:P)
    This post was edited by Jamie Wallace at February 11, 2016 10:59 PM GMT
    • 197 posts
    February 11, 2016 11:22 PM GMT
    It's happened again. I've got the lock with the red cross!
  • February 12, 2016 9:53 AM GMT
    i'm no expert on this kind of thing, but surely this kind of data gathering is breaking the Data Protection Act? It is concerning that these company's feel the need to trawl in this information and prostitute it out to whoever is buying. I for one have not given my permission for any of my personal details to be passed on to any third parties.
    • 866 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:53 AM GMT
    Mal,

Can you please take a screen shot next time it happens and send a copy of that to Beckie and Katie

Thanks

Pauline xx
    • 866 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:57 AM GMT
    For all those of you who are really worried about outside bodies watching you and harvesting data - if you live in the UK - then maybe you should be more worried about this government's so called "snoopers charter" which is being debated in the Houses of Parliament right now. Check out this link to the Guardian if you are interested.

Pauline xxx
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/11/ministers-not-conclusive-case-web-snoopers-charter
    • 866 posts
    February 12, 2016 10:06 AM GMT
    Marissa

As has been repeatedly stated by me on this thread

1. We are taking the security issue raised by Mal and Tina very seriously.
    2. As yet there is no proof (either way) as to whether any outside body is harvesting any kind of data from this site.
    3. All comments are appreciated but scare mongering and whataboutery comments do not help any of us.
    4. The technical people who run the software for the site - Beckie and Katie - are investigating this and will come back next week with an answer.

We - Beckie, Katie and I - understand people's concerns and are doing out best to come back with a timely response. Can everyone please show at least a modicum of patience - this is a bit more serious than someone posting a cock pic on the main safe feed.

Thank you

Pauline xx
  • February 12, 2016 10:06 AM GMT
    OK, as a former member of the armed forces I can fully understand that especially in today's climate that government agencies such as GCHQ, MI5/6 need to be able to track and gather data on potential threats to the nation and it's citizens. Saying that, we also have a right to our own privacy, our lifestyle choices are our own business and we're entitled to some degree of privacy, off or online. This kind of Orwellian surveillance is possibly a step too far in the name of national security.
  • February 12, 2016 10:16 AM GMT
    Pauline, I am simply trying to express a concern, there's a difference between raising awareness and scaremongering, but like i said before, we should all be protected by the Data Protection Act, something your techies should be all over like a rash. The article you posted is very informative, however the bill has not been passed as of yet so at this current point in time any such activity is technically illegal, wouldn't you agree?
    This post was edited by Marissa Malevolent at February 12, 2016 10:16 AM GMT
  • February 12, 2016 10:31 AM GMT
    Mal, in the mean time i would suggest you switch from a wireless connection to an ethernet line and changing your anti spyware/phishing software. it's about the best I can suggest you do I'm afraid.
    • 107 posts
    February 12, 2016 11:32 AM GMT
    When I was a kid, my Dad said "Don't stare at the sun or it might damage your eyes". Maybe I should have listened. What he meant was, if you concentrate too much on one problem it seems a whole lot worse and blindness to the bigger picture ensues. It will all be ok. Everything will work out fine, if it isn't all fine already. Thinking positive attracts positivity. Thinking negative makes a situation worse. It's obvious really. It will be ok. Nothing bad will happen. Have faith and good will come. It's the same as negative repetitive thought - causes depression. Imagine having 'The Birdie Song' stuck in a loop in your head for the rest of your life. That would be unbearable. Apologies if I've triggered that song in anyone's head, but that's the point; it is temporary, it will pass, and the future will be good. Waffle over.
  • February 12, 2016 1:12 PM GMT
    sounds a little bit too much like burying your head in the sand and hoping the problem goes away to me
    This post was edited by Marissa Malevolent at February 12, 2016 1:13 PM GMT
    • 36 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:02 PM GMT
    Marissa, stop trolling with your valid points. This is a serious matter, and it's being dealt with accordingly and responsibly.
    Pfft.