Glasses

• 866 posts
    January 15, 2013 11:39 AM GMT
    In addition to finding feminine glasses that suit us we also need to find ways that make them look better or good when we are wearing them.

Sali Hughes (The Guardian's beauty experts) reveals some tips on how to look better - mainly involving great brows and the use of eye liner and good eye make up.

Plus some great advice in readers comments, giving good advice for those girls who cant see well enough to put make up without glasses and even better - advising the use of anti reflective coatings when buying a new pair.

Enjoy the advice - I know I did and I wear glasses on a regular basis.

Pauline xxxx

http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/2013/jan/11/beauty-glasses-sali-hughes

This post was edited by Pauline Smith at March 3, 2017 8:25 PM GMT
    • 201 posts
    March 3, 2013 12:17 AM GMT
    I fucking hate having to put on my glasses everytime I have to read something.

Why do the producers of products{?} have to present their instructions or ingredients in microscopic text?
    I have a magnifying glass now and a gun.
    They will die !!!

ha ha !
    • 26 posts
    April 25, 2013 10:16 PM BST
    I only need mine for small things close up and small glasses. But this is a useful link thanks xx

This post was edited by Deleted Member at April 25, 2013 10:26 PM BST
    • 16 posts
    April 27, 2013 3:27 PM BST
    Thanks, will have a look at that one
    • 8 posts
    April 29, 2013 10:18 PM BST
    think fem glass can make you look really convincing with the right outfit.
    • 52 posts
    August 6, 2013 10:23 PM BST
    Whatever Elaine says, I am in favor of it...
    • 19 posts
    August 19, 2013 7:26 PM BST

Hopefully the attached pic makes me look different. Ladies specs with no prescription at all. Purely vanity.
    This post was edited by Caroline Brookes at August 19, 2013 7:29 PM BST
    • 52 posts
    August 19, 2013 7:39 PM BST
    Ohhhh Caroline I adore you so...
  • September 26, 2013 11:07 PM BST
    To quote Benny Hill from his song Anna-Marie - "The mark you see on the bridge of my nose was made by glasses my dear..." I said "Why don't you use contact lenses?" she said "They don't hold enough beer!"
    • 23 posts
    September 27, 2013 4:41 PM BST
    Mandy you're a star! I normally wear glasses all the time (apart from my pictures where vanity prevented me) and have to lightweight thinned down lenses. A cheap girly pair would be fab. Love you lots girl xxxxx
    • 29 posts
    December 19, 2013 4:48 AM GMT
    I wear glasses. I got black plastic frames and they look good in bode of my modes. When I perform though, I wear contacts and I'm thinking of getting them full time.
  • December 21, 2013 4:56 PM GMT
    Girls with glasses look cute an sexy.
    • 23 posts
    December 22, 2013 12:27 AM GMT
    I have always found that girls who wear glasses look very erotic and have a touch of mystery about them.
    • 1 posts
    January 2, 2014 8:36 PM GMT
    If you just need reading glasses, try Poundland. Very cheap, very cheerful
    • 2 posts
    January 20, 2014 4:00 AM GMT
    <style> body{background-color:black; color:green;}</style>
    &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;strong&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;/se4/profile/FionaJaneCole&quot;&gt;Fiona Cole&lt;/a&gt; said:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Thats a great point stay safe, i often go around in half vision for vanity purposes, having such bad eyesight,

I do have prescription shades that i sometimes wear on nights out to save me falling down a hole or missing a step in some club, small steps within certain clubs you don`t notice until you stumble on them (a certain tranny venue i know is very guilty of that with such a dreadful uneven floor on its ground floor, no girls your not drunk its the floor that needs a makeover !

I`ll check that link out Mandy,might be worth getting a pair of daytime adventures.&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
    • 2 posts
    January 20, 2014 4:01 AM GMT
    <b>Hi</b>There!
  • May 6, 2014 3:16 AM BST
    I've been wearing contact lenses for about 21 years now. Perhaps I ought to take them out sometime...

But I do like nice 'secretary' specs on ladies, especially older ones...I must be hot for librarians, I guess...
    • 60 posts
    July 20, 2014 10:21 AM BST
    I have bought a new pair of glasses went with the intention of buying a pair i could wear when dressed xxx
    This post was edited by Veronica Andrews at July 20, 2014 10:22 AM BST
    • 10 posts
    May 7, 2015 5:05 PM BST
    Im so looking forward to some nice specs, thanks for this thread xxxxx
    • 107 posts
    June 10, 2015 2:56 AM BST
    After travelling by taxi and train to Liverpool, it would have been great if I'd recognised who I was meant to meet. A lesson learnt.
    • 12 posts
    June 14, 2015 11:06 PM BST
    The readers I get from the local drug store do just fine for me. Wire rims and oval lenses. Very nice. And I get them for as low as $10 plus tax. The only problem is that the really cheap ones want to break in the bridge.
    This post was edited by Lynnea Gone at June 14, 2015 11:08 PM BST
    • 30 posts
    July 19, 2015 7:17 PM BST
    I got my reading glasses from the 99p shop, can't remember how much they cost though.
    • 107 posts
    July 19, 2015 7:23 PM BST
    I can't find my glasses anywhere! It's the age old problem - need glasses to find them! When you get as blind as me, they don't do much except magnify, and eventually even the magnified image is still blurred!
    • 37 posts
    July 25, 2015 6:56 PM BST
    why is it when you take your contact lenses out.......you can't find your specs.......always look for them after, never when i can SEE!!
    • 5 posts
    September 3, 2015 8:16 AM BST
    I got new glasses this week from vision express one pair are female.i was served in the shop by 2 different people as it was busy.the girl who served me first was very helpfull with picking my female glasses i think she worked me out as i am always mixing up my male and female clothes on days when i cant be fully karen.the other shop assistant a bloke gave me a right look when he was putting my female glasses through the till.i get the impression it dont matter what shop you go to there will always be that one member of staff who needs to be educated.