Blanchard, Bailey, and Lawrence theory controversy

• October 21, 2020 7:59 PM BST
    http://lgbt.wikia.com/wiki/Blanchard,_Bailey,_and_Lawrence_theory_controversy

The "BBL Controversy" also known as the "Autogynephilia Controversy" is an ongoing and heated line of discussion in the transgendered community. The subject, Blanchard, Bailey, and Lawrence theory, is a theory of transsexual taxonomy developed by Ray Blanchard,[1] which classifies male-to-female transsexuals according to whether they have an autogynephilic or "homosexual transsexual" motivation.[2]

The theory had not received much attention outside of sexology until sexologist Anne Lawrence, who self-identifies as an autogynephile, published a series of web articles about the hypothesis in the late 1990s.[3] Lawrence has since published and lectured about the hypothesis.[4][5][6]

The hypothesis received wider attention with the 2003 publication of Bailey's popular psychology book The Man Who Would Be Queen. The book is written for a public audience;[7] instead of citing sources, figures, or statistics to support the assertions made, Bailey uses anecdotal evidence to illustrate the hypothesis. The book contains his casual observations as well as quotations from casual conversations.

If you have time to waste, don't waste it reading Baileys book, lol, go sit in the park and watch the grass grow.

Evidence and complaints filed against J. Michael Bailey for practicing as a clinical psychologist without a license, and then subsequently publishing confidential clinical case-history information without permissions about his encounters with transexuals in his book ''The Man who would be Queen''

The book was originally based on Blanchards theory, that a transexuals sexual orientation could not be changed and that sexual encounters would allways be of a homosexual basis. a transwoman having sexual relationships with a natal female, should be labled as lesbianism fantasy based on the transwomans perception of herself avoiding homosexuality as a natural instinct., if the transwoman were to indulge in sexual encounters with natal men, it was because the transwoman was a suppressed or latent homosexual, that transexuals could not take on a permanent sexual orientation identity of the chosen gender. that the result of his research would indicate that it was role playing to supress self disgust with the unatural desires that were felt by the individual at the time.

The first hypothese of his theory lesbians, technically that would be correct, if the subject was suffering a gender identity disorder and truly believed they were a woman, but being a lesbian does not mean that the subject person is not trans, self revulsion of themselves and rejecting all things associated with a male image, perhaps unpleasant experiences with encounters with alpha males overules the natural order of things, social presumptions, perhaps like some natal women, they are just born with a penchant for relationships with other women.

There was a forum topic here titled, does this make me gay? Crossdressing. Some replied, ''Just because I dress in womens clothes and I am a woman, does not make me gay'' When I expouned my theory, ''If you think like a woman, believe your a woman, then the natural premise would be that sexual encounters with men would indicate your heterosexual, straight, if you are a woman'' A couple replied, ''Thats a disgusting thought'' It is not a case of right or wrong by preference, its a logical valid conclusion. Being trans and sexual orientation are not the same but sexual preferences still have the same connotations, Gay, Straight, Bi. Something both Blanchard and Bailey failed to recognise in their very ham fisted explanations to a quite easily reconisable fact.

Cristine Jennifer Shye. B/L. B/Acc

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL. B/acc at October 28, 2020 7:55 AM GMT
    • 3 posts
    October 22, 2020 1:50 PM BST
    FFS. I am what I am. I am unique as we all are. I refuse to be labelled. I am mesexual ;o)
  • October 27, 2020 6:48 PM GMT
    If there is one thing that I saw more than anything on twitter or in cam shows were guys asking if it made them gay because they thought I was hot or some other trans girl was hot or whatever (other than unsolicited dick pics). If it is the femininity that attracts you then no, it isn't gay. If it's for the cock and the cock alone then you might have some stuff you need to figure out for yourself, but if you aren't attracted to them if the cock is attached to man yet are if attached to a woman then I would say no it doesn't. But labels are only useful for groups and woefully inadequate regarding the individual so whatever.
  • October 28, 2020 7:51 AM GMT
    If your a trans woman, present as such, having sex with men, pre-op or post op would define you as heterosexual a man woman relationship, if your a trans woman and still only have sex with women, surely that would make the trans person a lesbian, what I found confusing was some trans women stating they were straight and the thought of having sex with men was disgusting. One even stated ''sex with men? I'm not a gay man in a dress'' that's illogical. As for men needing sex with trans women, some are just closet gays especially the ones who want to be the recipient of anal sex. There are men that appreciated transwomen, as women even if they are pre-op and willing to give a girl oral sex in reciprocation in giving pleasure.

Two trans women having sex, pre-op whatever that logically would make them lesbians
    This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL. B/acc at October 28, 2020 8:08 AM GMT
  • October 28, 2020 8:08 AM GMT
    Me personally? I am pansexual but I do have leanings that put my standards for what I find attractive at varying levels based entirely on physical appearance (which is not what I base my attraction solely on. I have to know the kind of person someone is to be attracted to them unless they are super hot or something). If you identify as female and I find you attractive (no matter the contents of your undergarments or lack thereof) that would be to me a homosexual attraction. If you identify as male and I find you attractive (no matter the contents of your undergarments or lack thereof) that would be to me a heterosexual attraction. Trans or cis, it doesn't influence whether I view it as homosexual or heterosexual. If someone is non binary I don't consider it to be necessarily either of those and I am unsure if there is a word for attraction to someone as such, and don't really think one is necessary. Not up to me to decide that though, so *shrug*
  • October 28, 2020 9:23 AM GMT
    I get what your saying, it just seemed to me that a so called trans woman saying having sex with men is disgusting, and claiming to be straight at the same time and only having sex with women. Me depends who'm I'm in love with at the time.
  • October 28, 2020 9:28 AM GMT
    I think you might have left out a word as to what it seemed to you to be, but I think I follow what you are saying and I agree that they're kinda incongruous beliefs.